The Azerailles - Clermont-en-Argonne system is dedicated to studying the impact of compaction in forest environments on regeneration, biogeochemical cycles and biodiversity. It is composed of 2 sites in Azerailles and Clermont en Argonne.
Each site has three common treatments: a control, a compacted treatment, a decompacted treatment after compaction (as well as more specific ones). The study of the immediate impact of compaction and the dynamics of natural or assisted restoration of the physical properties of soils are the major challenges of this experiment. The sites are heavily instrumented, particularly for long-term monitoring of soil gases, flows of water and major elements between the various compartments of the ecosystem (lysimeters at different depths, humidity and temperature probes, etc.).
- Access service for in natura long-term experiments;
- Data providing services;
- Sample providing services.
Detailed service offer
- In situ ecosystem experimentation services;
- Instrumentation for the long-term monitoring of these ecosystems and the in situ measurement of environmental parameters;
- Devices and tools for collecting samples and data on the ecosystems studied.