Floating Mesocosms and Alpine Lake (OLA)
The Alpine Lakes Observatory OLA provides scientists with tools and means (boats, probes, basins/mesocosms, laboratories, drone, …) allowing them to explore lake environments and to obtain quality scientific data with the aim of understanding and modelling the evolution and ecological functions of these systems, which are simultaneously subject to a change in local anthropic and climatic pressures.
The "Observation" part, which has been operational for many years, already has a 30 to 60 year history of data (on the large peri-alpine lakes) for many biological and physicochemical parameters. The close interweaving of these in situ data collection and experimental activities enables a better characterisation of the mechanisms of biodiversity response to pressures.
- Custom experimental services in enclosed environment;
- Custom experimental services in natura;
- Access service for in natura long-term experiments
- Data providing services;
- Sample providing services;
Detailed service offer
The platform provides scientists with a wide range of services:
- in situ experiments on ecosystems
- instrumentation for long-term monitoring and in situ measurement of environmental parameters
- devices and tools for collecting samples and data on the ecosystems studied
- customised experiments on the ground (mesocosms, artificial rivers)
- Provision of data collected by the platform
Tarification à renseigner