AnaEE France services are open and available to all public and private research teams. This innovative infrastructure will thus create links between academic and industrial partners.
Research but also Development:
AnaEE France's partners are involved in R&D activities to develop innovate sensors, equipment, indicators and methods. The fundamental research issues addressed by AnaEE France require the design of environmental applications in engineering and the environment, and in ecological restoration and the management of agroecosystems.
Collaborations are encouraged:
Collaborations with the private sector are an integral part of the services offered by AnaEE France platforms. Applied research projects conducted by TIMAC Agro (Roullier), Suez environnement, Bayer Crop Science and Véolia Environnement are currently using the infrastructure's services. One of the reasons for this high potential in matters of applied research is that the platforms offer the possibility to study aquatic and terrestrial environments requiring management applications that may be urgent. AnaEE France will also promote research at the interface of sciences, which may have more applied goals (eg, the chemistry of water resource management). An optimal interaction will thus be created between fundamental and applied research, which should reduce the time required to develop appropriate environmental technologies.
Socio-economic players such as competitiveness clusters, ONF for forests, ONEMA for aquatic environments, ARVALIS and CETIOM for agriculture, and Veolia for waste and water management, are already involved in AnaEE France platforms. They are the main players who will transfer results to operational applications. The expertise in modeling and in databases accumulated in the course of this project will be employed to provide unique tools for simulating various prospective scenarios for soil use, or evaluating different environmental policies.
The main methodological goal of AnaEE France is to converge a range of complementary distributed services in a single, coordinated Infrastructure.
To this end, AnaEE France has undertaken to:
- the purchase and development of new instruments and methods
- a proportion of service running costs,
- the development of systems designed to facilitate the use of experimental results (databases, modeling platforms).
Promote joint use of the services:
- to enhance understanding by combining experimental and analytical methods,
- by promoting the development of multidisciplinary research covering a range of ecosystems and their interfaces.
Make its services available to the national and international community:
- by providing a description of what is available (portal, metadata),
- by establishing access rules that promote cooperation.
The main scientific goal is to understand and predict the dynamics of ecosystems and biodiversity in a context of global changes. This will help address societal questions on the sustainable management of ecosystems and ecological services.
The infrastructure will assist in considering the following scientific issues:
- coupling of biotic and abiotic processes;
- consideration of spatial and temporal heterogeneity in the functioning of ecosystems;
- coupling between ecology and evolution, from gene diversity to communities.
Contribution by AnaEE France: for purposes of innovative experimentation, AnaEE France offers:
- facilities for studies in a controlled environment;
- long-term, highly instrumented experiments;
- innovative instruments and methods of analysis.
Project goals: Build up a network of major experimental, analytical and modeling facilities devoted to understanding the biological processes of continental aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems. Offer a range of services open to the national and international scientific community, and to R&D.